Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Green "Snail Killer" Machine!!!


Oh my

Don't worry....
.... it's not quite that extreme, as the post will explain.
 .
 .
A Chinese man has been hospitalized after turning green from eating too many snails.
He said "that he wasn't too concerned about the occasional abdominal pains", but when his eyes and skin started to change in color to a faint green, he checked into the hospital for help.



-I personally think that he is over-reacting and that the shade of green is not bad at all.


In fact, as it turns out, it was not from eating too many snails, but rather, from ingesting some flatworms aka liver flukes, which are commonly found in the livers of snails.

Voila!


Here is a chart showing the life cycle of the Deer Liver Fluke:




Simply substitute with different animals; and it is all the same in the way it works.
Problems with the liver can cause a buildup of  bilirubin ( never heard of him ) a yellow pigment, which can turn the skin green.

The doctors removed 4 ( count them! ) of the nasty parasites, which were each around 10 mm long, 8 mm wide and 2 mm thick. 
brrr

In order to give you a rough idea of how big this actually is, I have drawn up an accurate sketch.
.
.
.
  
 

"I was scared of my own reflection" said the man. "I looked like the incredible hulk."


arrrgh!!!

Well, I do think that, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the man was after all, relieved that he was no longer green and rid of the "free-loading" parasites, so the statement is forgivable. no it's not 

For your added pleasure, I have an interesting film showing the "zombiefication" of a snail and how the disease spreads.





SO..........who's up for some escargot ???....
.
.
.

 
 
 
 

"Usually I like to eat fried river snails, especially in the last few months, where I've been eating one plate every night." the man ( formerly known as: The Green "Snail Killer" Machine ) told reporters.

Thanks To:

  • Asiaone.com
  • Unexplained-Mysteries.com
  • And a cast of thousands
  • bing.com( I hate Bing -it's like Google's retarded stepbrother )



No comments:

Post a Comment